Our last lambs are on their way RIGHT now. This is live reporting from the farm house. I was just down to check on Claire - the hugest sheep I have ever seen & the last to pop. Lucky thing I checked when I did because her first water bag was beginning to come out! How exciting. I shuffled her into the birthing suite after I spread out plenty of fresh straw & a bucket of cool water. If only it was that simple for women! (maybe it could be).
I am so thrilled but also a bit anxious. Lambing season is about to finish & the anxiety of lambs at ANY time of day will disappear with the sunrise tomorrow. However in this moment I was planning on going to bed so now I frantically type & am probably using too many exclamation points in my emails and texts of the evening.
The thing is that Claire was always our indicator of "twins or triplets" because of her ginormous size and because she ran away about 6 times per day for most of the winter, in search of greener pasture. She was very hard to please. Well, since the other 4 gals had twins then we have to wonder what Claire will do? This could be a late night for me. They usually lamb in 1-3 hours. I am not sure how that could change if there is a third baby..
The photo in this post is of Claire & some others, she is huge & lying down in the front.. taken last Thursday afternoon while Elsa was laboring.

No comments:
Post a Comment