haven't felt like typing yet, but have no shotage of inspiration since we arrived in sweden on tuesday. So here goes. forgive grammar and other mistakes. I just typed this and it disappeared!
MY PLUG FOR MALAYSIA AIRLINES: fly them if you ever have to fly to one of their destinations. After a lovely drive to newark airport with sammy's parents (thanks paula & sam!) we checked in and anticipated our travel. What would malaysia airlines be like? why do they even fly direct from newark to stockholm??!!
As we walked down the tunnel thingy I had no idea what to expect. i turn the corner and there was an amazing woman shining with her cooridnated outfit & makeup greeting us wíth her rosy smile & shimmering pink eyelids. I felt like I had walked onto a spacecraft with very very friendly human alien hybrids. I thought of how bruce willis must have felt when he boarded the flight to travel to the cruise ship in that other galaxy where he got to see the blue diva sing and save the world. (guess you had to see it).
As we walked down the aisle towards our seats Sammy & I kept looking at each other using our eyes to say, "is this for real?" Everyone was wearing these perfect outfits and smiling A LOT and making us feel like one hundred dollars or like we had paid one million dollars to get on this plane! The men wore jackets with huge lapels that were glittery, shiny & sparkling like they worked at a casino.. they were trying to give us free drinks and they even came through with my gluten free meal. Rice cakes never tasted so good. The ceilings were so tall I did not experience any claustrophobia and each seat had on-demand movies, music & tv. All of a sudden I was about to find out the truth about the alien governement cover-up murder water woman on an episode of the xfiles when we descended to land. maybe I slept through the whole flight actually or maybe I was mesmerised with the ever-changing ceiling glow lights in first class?
I never did figure out why they stop in stockholm on their way to kuala lumpur, malaysia but I am grateful that they do. I guess it's a decent place to stop to split up a 22 hour flight.
so that's my plug. If you ever get to fly malaysia air please enjoy the decor of pink-turquoise-peach with purple head rests etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aren't those Asian airlines great! Royal Thai Air was the same. Hope you're trip is going well
Post a Comment