Frequently Asked Questions! (and their answers)
Qs: Who is Lillian?
Did you change your name?
Do you work and live on some other Lillian person's farm?
A: Figuring the name for a farm or other business is often hard. Ya want something unique! Something catchy! Something to be remembered!
geez louize --that is a of pressure.
Like how I ALWAYS long to have the most clever, funny & timely costume for Halloween but CAN NEVER think of a good idea that lives up to my visions & expectations. For a farm one wants to consider naming their business with something that will cover all products & services, can travel with you if you move locations, and means something deep in your soul. (well maybe not everyone is thinking about it this much-but I am a heady-farmer who thinks & talks more than most of the locals).
During this long journey S & I talked and made lists & brainstormed. In my Halloweeny desire to have a catchy clever name I kept going back to the name that fits the last two requirements. It can move with me to any farm and it means something deep to my being. This is to name my farm after my grandmother, Lily, who died when I was a preschooler. Funny enough my paternal grandmother, Lillian, has the same name as S's paternal grandmother, Lillian. I find that to have its own depth & special place in my world as our two families are connected by us. Another muy appropriate element is that my Lily is Jewish and has passed on while S's Lil is Italian and still hanging with us. So if one were following the traditional naming ettiquette for each ethnic group than we are right-on target in naming our farm, Lillian's Farm!
great, huh! sometimes I am reminded to find confidence, pride & peace in the simpler things that are part of me.
so are there any more FAQs to answer??
sweet dreams, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have a question I ask a lot. Does it make it an FAQ if it's the same person asking all the time?
Why sheep? Tell us a story about you and sheep.
Hello dear! How are you? And Sam?
Martin and I think of you and wonder when we see you again...?
I heard from Kristin that you are not coming this summer...how is everything on the farm?? I love your sheep! In sweden its raining a lot, and we haven´t had snow...mina panseer blommade ända till 18 december!!! så har det aldrig varit förut! jag saknar snön lite, jag skulle vilja åka långfärdsskridskor på sjön härutanför!! We miss you! Love from Martin, Elin and the cats
I answered the "why sheep" question in a blog...and to the first question from flederhaus I have to say that thus far I have received questions from NOT just one person so I don't know the answer to your question--(crap) (haven't been there, done that)..
Post a Comment