Tuesday, November 13, 2007

me-be mom to a ram?


whoa! yes, I am thinking of actually buying an Icelandic Ram!
well It is breeding time (November) and I am a little late planning. Not for lack of thought & notes & talking to my vet BUT for lack of stability in my physical world..healing from my rotator cuff strain, followed by getting my wisdom teeth ripped out of my thick head. So I realized on Monday- crap I gotto get on this! I have to pick up my list of tri-state area Icelandic Sheep breeders (very few!) So I called the top of the list for Pennsylvania. I spoke with a lovely woman who was also excited to meet another person in our state with these specific sheep. Though she did not have a ram I could rent she kept racking her brain cells to figure out some way she could lend me one..maybe the young guy she just bought from NJ? She was so kind & we were mutually thrilled to be on the phone! I gave a call to the woman who her young ram just came from. A very wise, long-time farmer woman who schooled me and figured that she could sell me a 3 year old ram for a very small price (compared to what this breed normally costs). When I started the phone call I was so set on renting a ram but by the end I was telling this engaging shepherdess that I was pretty dern sure I was going to find a way to come up with the cash! Bring him on over!

You see the day before said phone call I saw some signs in the pasture that my girls are coming around to the seasonal hormones..I have to get a dude in there asap--also to time the births for a good tme.

kay, so that's my big news that is still talk!
more later

No comments: